Thank You, Ted.

He told me I'm his Robin, always is and always be.
That got me stunned, for a moment.

"What? Can you say it again?" I said, out of curiosity and now fully conscious.
Almost choked my soup.
He smiled, "I said, you're kind of my Robin."

I know that preferences. We grow up loving the series of HIMYM and he's using it against all odds. I was quiet for a minute then I smacked his head. "Do not say that again!" I said. It's a big compliment as well as lots of pressure. I hate to be his Robin. I even hate he prioritised me over everything. For once, I really wish he put himself first.

And somehow, he did.

Five years ago he decided to pursue his interest to become a doctor. He, who came from a broken family, living the life for once, he chose. I remember that day when we sat together, right after we exhaled out all of our final papers, he said that he'll be far from me. He's going away. Somehow he managed to persuade his dad to do that. I supported him, as a good friend I am, wishing him the best and really meant it. Although it was tough for me, realizing the fact that he will not gonna be one step away, physically.

When he left, I thought it'll all be different. We're gonna be distance, but I was wrong. He's there. He is always there for me. Needed or unneeded. Through all of my ups and downs. And I hope I do the same, as good as a friend to him, as he is to me. 

After he finished his studies, he found another passion. Again, he's not coming home -- and I support him, all the way. He called me once a month, sometimes twice. I cried everytime I hear his voice. A familiar feeling I always have, a comfort -- warm comfort. And I never feel so much closer to anyone as to him. 

Beginning of April 2018 marked as one of the best week of my life when he came home, at least for a little while. That face that I almost forget how it looks like. I'm just glad you're alive and doing great, most importantly, I see you at your happiest time.

And now after 5 years, when we're having my favourite chicken pie at Dome, I looked up to him who's sitting in front of me, asking; "Am I still your Robin?"
He nodded and handed me the necklace.




"Thank you, Ted."

No comments:

Post a Comment