Fall in Love with your Work.

One of my best path He guided me is -- towards becoming an urban planner.
As cliche as it is or surprising as it is, yes, I like (let's put it closer to heart) I FREAKING LOVE my job *glad to let it out from my chest haha

Yes, this is a post about my job.
If you're not interested to know more, stop reading now!

I started as a pure sciences student in an all-girls school back in '07 and I know deep down I really  really re....a...l....yawn...lyyyyyy hate sciences. I was struggling to fulfil the required subjects but I managed laa haha. That time around then, I came across my 'so-called' life principle of you do what you love as by loving what you do, you'll find genuine happiness. So I chose something closer to what I thought I'll be super into which was architecture. Yes, I loved it too! Anddd fast forward to 4 years later, here is me with a Degree of Urban and Regional Planning (ehh whyy) -- as one of my lecturer recommended me to go for planning as he said he saw my potential in it. And I actually took his advice to go for something I didn't really familiar with. Yes, planning is considered as a new profession compared to architecture or others, that's why tak ramai yang tahu or ambik tahu.

It took me a week to fall head over heels into planning right after architecture.
Yeah, you know it's about right when you were just 'zing-ed' with it.
*That's why I'm a believer, BELIEVER guys, not belieber zzz. I trust in instant connection, I know that I don't need longer time to know something/someone deeper as what's meant to be with us, will be.

My first job offer was during my final semester. I grabbed it, juggled a bit to balance between my final year project and my first real-life working experiences. My friends consider me as a workaholic, maybe because I'm too into my job haha I don't know.... Awkward juga awal-awal cause you need to convince older and much-experienced people that you can do the job hmm, and of course a bit honoured to be the youngest in the hall, at the big table :) Thanks to my boss for the opportunities and to give that much trust in me.


What you actually do? 
Yeah, I get that question a lot. And I answered it different every time. The truth is, planning is too wide to describe in simple words. We basically do everything. We keep on learning and adding knowledge from time to time. Different project brings out different scopes and expertise. In a way, you need to know every little aspect of one main focus, but it always involves three main consideration that related to environment, social and economic. Ye tak boleh syok sendiri. We're living in a round world that keep on rotating, kalau nak buat something kena tahu dulu benda tu bagi apa, akan effect apa -- the 5Ws 1H concept. Planner needs to be flexible, future-thinker andddd most importantly kena rational.

A job that consists all, relevant and has purposes.
Give many benefits and kalau buat betul and kena caranya, it can help for a better future.
In sya Allah.

It's an all-nighter work (some...emm most of the time), crazy unpredictable job. But hey, what's life without a little stress haha. I'm glad my passion is in line with my career, at the moment.
Doa yang baik-baik.


Told my mom yesterday that I'm happy doing what I'm doing now. She asked me to find her a son-in-law quickly haha. Long way to go --" Am currently pretty occupied, too in love with my job to fall in love with other things/man. 

But if I do find him, I really hope he understands my works, he can share his love to me with my works, and HE SHOULD NEVER TELL ME to quit my job, he must support me throughout. Hello? I know you're out there somewhere. Don't worry, we'll meet each other soon. Let's get lost in finding each other at the moment. The right time will come :)

#AllahMahaBaik

See ya!


p/s: putting random pictures of me so that it won't be that boring haha macamlah gambar kau best sangat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment